13 May . 2022
The latest updates on Harmony School of Excellence – Katy at Elyson
As this recent photo shows, construction of the new Harmony School of Excellence – Katy at Elyson is right on schedule, with the elementary school building on track to welcome its first students in August.
As the opening date nears, we wanted to share these brief updates from this unique tuition-free, high performing STEM-focused school option at Elyson:
- As of mid-May, there are still spots available for students in Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2 and Grade 6. As with all Harmony schools, there are no attendance boundaries for applying. Parents may apply at apply.harmonytx.org
- HSE – Katy has announced its principal, Christopher Hassan, who is a resident of Elyson. We’ll bring you a full interview with Mr. Hassan later this summer.
- Several other HSE – Katy teachers and staff members are also Elyson residents, and we’ll be introducing them as well in coming months.
- An expansion for the HSE – Katy at Elyson campus is already being planned, with new facilities to house middle and high school students up to Grade 12. A timeline for the construction and completion of this new phase should be available by this fall, and we’ll be sure to provide an update.
- Several after-school clubs have already been created at HSE – Katy, and the school will also have after-school daycare for enrolled students, provided by another entity. We’ll also have more details on this in a future newsletter.
HSE – Katy is located on a 26-acre campus at 22855 Elyson Falls Dr., at the southeast corner of Elyson Falls and Peek Road, between FM 529 and Beckendorff Road.
As reported earlier, the Harmony elementary school at Elyson features an all-new, state-of-the-art design that will be a prototype for future Harmony schools. Designed by Corpus Christi-based Gignac Architects, the school includes standard classrooms, specialized learning spaces, technology labs, a maker’s space, and outdoor learning areas. It also has a cafeteria with performance space and gymnasium.
Harmony is a free, open enrollment Texas public charter school system that has been rated A by the Texas Education Agency for both financial and overall accountability. In 2020-21, schools in Harmony’s North Houston District ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best High Schools in the U.S.” list, and on Newsweek’s “America's Best STEM High Schools” list. Harmony Public Schools – Houston North District is also recognized as an official State School of Character by Character.org.
Harmony’s award-winning PreK-12 curriculum places a heavy emphasis on STEM subjects, to prepare students for college success and equip them with highly sought-after job skills for their future careers. Harmony also prioritizes personalized, project-based learning and character development.
Overall, the Harmony system has a 98% graduation rate for seniors and a 100% college acceptance rate. Sixty-four percent of Harmony graduates are the first in their family to attend college.
HSE – Katy offers another high-quality educational option in Elyson, where residents attend schools in the Katy Independent School District, ranked as the No. 1 Best School District in the Houston Area for 2021-22 by Niche.
Previous PostElyson Commons, our biggest amenity, is 145 acres of fun
Older PostLakeside Landing, Elyson’s newest major amenity, will open in 2023
Want More Information?
- 2022 (12)
- 2021 (36)
- 2020 (38)
- 2019 (79)
- 2018 (127)
- 2017 (46)
- 2016 (44)