27 March . 2018
Lennar, the nation’s largest homebuilder, now offers two choices in Elyson
Homebuyers now have two new choices in Elyson, following the merger of two of the nation’s largest homebuilders, Lennar and CalAtlantic. Bottom line: the merger created the nation’s largest homebuilding company based on revenues. CalAtlantic, which opened in Elyson in late 2017, is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation.
The CalAtlantic name has been absorbed by Lennar, and Elyson homebuyers can now choose Lennar homes in two price ranges:
- Lennar offers new homes priced from the low $200,000s under its flagship Lennar brand. Take a 3D virtual tour of the Isabella model home.
- Village Builders, the move-up division of Lennar, offers new homes priced from the low $300,000s.
Both the Lennar and Village Builders model homes in Elyson have recently been refreshed and redecorated to showcase Lennar’s signature “Everything’s Included” program. Offering a lengthy list of no-extra-cost upgrades and features chosen by top interior design professionals, the “Everything’s Included” program has set Lennar apart, providing homebuyers with an easier and less stressful way to buy a new home.
Here’s some background on the new combined company from Lennar:
- Lennar and CalAtlantic are two of the nation’s largest homebuilders, building affordable, move-up and retirement homes for all generations. As a result of the combination, Lennar will be the largest homebuilder in the United States based on revenues. Lennar will own or control approximately 250,000 homesites and be actively selling homes in approximately 1,300 residential communities in 21 states. In its most recent fiscal year, Lennar delivered 29,394 single-family homes and CalAtlantic delivered 14,602 single-family homes. Both companies also provide mortgage financing, title insurance and closing services to buyers of homes they build and to others.
- Founded in 1954, Lennar is a very familiar name in Houston and across the nation. In 1995, it acquired Houston-based Friendswood Development Company and its highly regarded homebuilding division, Village Builders.
- CalAtlantic is a relatively new company, created in 2015 with the merger of Ryland Group and Standard Pacific. Before the merger with Lennar, CalAtlantic was the nation’s fourth-largest homebuilding company.
In addition to Lennar, Elyson offers new homes by some of the nation’s largest homebuilders.
- Pulte and Meritage rank among the top 10 publicly held builders on Builder magazine’s Builder 100 list, at No. 3 and No. 8, respectively.
- Some Elyson homebuilders are larger than you might realize. Darling Homes is part of Taylor Morrison, ranked No. 7 on the Builder 100. TRI Pointe Homes, ranked No. 14 on the list, is the parent company of Elyson builder Trendmaker Homes.
- Houston’s own David Weekley Homes ranks as the No. 1 privately held homebuilder on the Builder 100.
- Other Elyson homebuilders ranked on the Builder 100 privately held list include Highland Homes (No. 4), Perry Homes (No. 10) and Drees Custom Homes (No. 14).
- Elyson is also proud to offer some smaller Houston-based builders who are homegrown favorites, including Chesmar Homes and Westin Homes.
Explore all Elyson homebuilders, see homes ready for quick move-in, and browse all plans available to build with our Homefinder.
Previous PostEnjoy Elyson’s Great Get-Together picnic on Saturday, April 14
Older PostMoving from Cy-Fair ISD, Doleman family notes positive differences in Katy ISD
Want More Information?
- 2023 (3)
- 2022 (21)
- 2021 (36)
- 2020 (38)
- 2019 (79)
- 2018 (127)
- 2017 (46)
- 2016 (44)