04 April . 2019
Should I Move? 8 Signs It May Be Time To Move
Sometimes we all get the feeling we’d like a change of scenery, but how do you know when it’s really time to move? Here are 8 signs that your feeling is not just restlessness or a whim – and that it really might be time to make a move to a new home and community.
- You need more space. You can change a lot of things about your current home, but it’s not so easy to change the size. Even if you own your home and could theoretically add on, it’s expensive. Adding a new master suite to your home can cost between $21,500 and $63,100 in 2019, according to HomeAdvisor. At Elyson, you can find a brand-new home ranging from about 1,500 square feet to more than 4,000 square feet, at prices from the low $200,000s to the $700,000s by some of the leading homebuilders in Houston and the nation.
- You want an upgrade. If you love your existing home and neighborhood, renovating can be a good option. The cons include having to live in the home through the renovation, going over budget, and possibly not being able to recoup the costs of renovation, should you decide to sell. Today’s new homes have many advantages over used homes. This is especially when it comes to the latest technologies for home automation and energy efficiency, which can be difficult or impossible to retrofit into existing homes.
- A new job opportunity. If you have an exciting new job opportunity in a different city, then moving is a must. Even if your new job is in the same city, a smart move can give you a new lifestyle and a less stressful commute. Elyson’s west-by-northwest location on the Grand Parkway, roughly midway between I-10 West and U.S. 290 Northwest, offers great access to many parts of the Houston region. For a growing number of "split commute" couples, Elyson’s location is the perfect compromise.
- Suburban life is starting to sound appealing. There’s a time in our lives when living in the middle of the city is exciting and energizing. At some point, the suburbs can start calling out to us, with their promise of a less stressful, greener lifestyle. There are many advantages of suburban living, from getting more home for your money, to being able to spread out in a big backyard. See five reasons why suburban life beats city living for many.
- Something’s missing. At Elyson, many new residents tell us they felt like something was missing from their old neighborhoods. They didn’t know their neighbors. The amenities consisted only of a small playground or a rarely used swimming pool. There weren’t many playmates for their kids. Meet some Elyson residents who say they’ve found a true sense of community here.
- You have too much space. We hear a lot about rightsizing, and it works both ways. Adding more space can be stressful and expensive, but it’s not even possible to shrink your current home, apart from just closing off rooms. For homebuyers wanting to scale down and simplify their lives, Elyson offers patio homes in a gated lakeside enclave. Built with the latest technologies, these homes make it easy to “lock and leave” for extended periods, and home automation features make it easy to do everything from watering the grass to controlling the lights and thermostat from anywhere.
- Your family situation changes. Sometimes a family’s living situation can change, such as when an aging parent becomes part of the household, or an adult child returns home. Elyson offers a variety of multigenerational floor plans from several builders, with “home within a home” living suites that provide everyone with their own space and privacy.
- You want better schools for the kids. For many homebuyers, the desire for better schools can trigger a decision to move. Learn more about the highly regarded Katy ISD schools serving Elyson, all located in a K-12 education village just a few miles from the community. For some young couples, they appeal of Elyson’s Katy ISD schools is so strong, they move here even before having kids. Elyson will also get its first onsite educational child care center this summer.
If any of these signs make you feel like it’s really time to move, explore all new homes available in Elyson with our interactive Homefinder.
Previous PostPulte introduces new plans from high $200,000s in Elyson
Older PostKaty ISD’s Miller Career & Technology Center offers specialized career programs
Want More Information?
- 2020 (30)
- 2019 (80)
- 2018 (127)
- 2017 (46)
- 2016 (44)