12 January . 2021
Elyson ranks among nation’s top-selling communities – and other good news from 2020
With a 43% increase in new-home sales, Elyson ranks among the nation’s top-selling master-planned communities (MPCs) for 2020, according to a report from real estate advisory firm RCLCO.
Elyson’s homebuilders sold 497 new homes in 2020, placing Elyson at No. 41 among the nation’s top 50 MPCs. Elyson’s 43% sales increase slightly outpaced the average increase of 40% among the 50 top-selling communities.
Among metropolitan areas, Houston ranks as the top-selling city, with 8 communities and a grand total of more than 5,000 new homes sold in all.
Elyson is one of four Newland communities ranked among RCLCO’s 2020 Top 50.
According to Peter Dennehy, Vice President of Customer and Market Research for Newland, a survey of their buyers and prospects conducted for the first nine months of the year gives further insight into what was on home shoppers’ minds during the time of a pandemic.
Newland’s key findings indicate that the COVID-19 pandemic influenced about 30% of buyers to purchase a home, but most buyers were making the transition from renting to ownership as they advanced in their careers and as their families grew.
Here are some other 2020 highlights from Elyson:
- Green Community of the Year. Elyson won the 2020 Community of the Year award from Green Home Builder magazine. Announcing the award, the magazine cited Elyson’s vision for more than 750 acres of parks and natural open space that will form a “green ring” around the community’s 3,642-acre master plan. It was the second major honor for Elyson and our developer, Newland, from Green Home Builder. The magazine selected Newland as national Developer of the Year in 2019.
- 1,000th homeowner. About four years after its 2016 grand opening, Elyson welcomed its 1,000th homeowner in the fall of 2020. Reflecting Elyson’s diversity, James Clark is a first-time homebuyer nearing retirement age, and he decided that he wanted to stop renting an apartment and start investing in his own home. Elyson is planned for nearly 6,000 homes.
- New businesses. The number of Elyson businesses opening to serve residents and visitors is growing along with the number of rooftops. In 2020, Elyson welcomed several new businesses to its first retail center, including Marco’s Pizza, Elyson Animal Hospital and Elyson Family Dental.
- New schools. Elyson’s first Katy ISD school, Peter McElwain Elementary, opened in August and is already rolling out some exciting innovations such as a “House System” inspired by Harry Potter. Elyson also announced its second onsite preschool, Magnolia Preparatory Academy, which will join Kiddie Academy at Elyson when it opens in 2021.
- Plenty of events. Ever since Elyson opened, resident events have become an important part of community life, keeping neighbors connected and helping newcomers meet new friends when the pandemic put public gatherings on indefinite hold earlier this year, Elyson’s events never went away; they just evolved to meet the moment. Read how Elyson’s Lifestyle Director is keeping the fun going, safely.
Learn more about what’s new at Elyson.
Previous PostPriced from the mid $200Ks, Beazer’s Duets combine low-maintenance and luxury
Older PostElyson’s McElwain Elementary has House System inspired by Harry Potter
Want More Information?
- 2023 (14)
- 2022 (21)
- 2021 (36)
- 2020 (38)
- 2019 (79)
- 2018 (127)
- 2017 (46)
- 2016 (44)