27 September . 2018
Dive in! Elyson offers year ‘round swimming
Most community swimming pools in the Houston area close after Labor Day, but at Elyson, the big swimming pool at Elyson House is open 365 days a year.
The pool is unheated, and no lifeguards are on duty outside of the peak summer swim season, but residents can take advantage of the many mild days that the Houston area enjoys in the fall and spring.
Year ‘round swimming is one of many unique amenities available to residents of Elyson. Here are some more:
- Elyson House, winner of a 2017 Houston's Best award, features Prairie-style architecture inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright. Along with its pool, it offers tennis courts, a covered playground, and an event lawn that hosts outdoor movies, concerts and other events. Inside, Elyson House offers a fitness center, a meeting room, and a gameroom with foosball, ping-pong and more.
- Elyson Cafe, located in Elyson House and open to residents and the public, has a new menu with several varieties of international gourmet burgers, along with pizzas, pastas, salads and much more. Take-home meals for four are also offered.
- Pickleball and bocce ball are offered at Elyson’s newest park. This one-acre park also has a shade pavilion with picnic tables and a lakeside firepit.
- Elyson has miles of trails that meander through meadows of wildflowers and past scenic lakes. Almost 30 miles of trails are ultimately planned.
- Community orchards invite residents to pick their own citrus fruits, figs and nuts in Elyson.
A Lifestyle Director plans a year-round calendar of activities for residents, including Story Time, MyBalance Fitness classes, Movies in the Park and more. See pictures from all of our past events here.
Previous PostBrown family amps up their lifestyle, slashes their energy costs with move to Elyson
Older Post6 ways to enjoy “Grandparent’s House Rules” at Elyson
Want More Information?
- 2021 (25)
- 2020 (38)
- 2019 (79)
- 2018 (127)
- 2017 (46)
- 2016 (44)